What is cPanel®|
Aliases (Parked Domains)
Password protect directories
Raw Access Logs
IP Deny Manager
Directory Privacy - Password Protect Directories
You can protect directories within your site from browsers by using a password to protect them.
This allows you to restrict material to only authorized users or store sensitive material online. This has the same appearance and effect as the password protection on CPanel.
To password protect a directory:
- Click on the Directory Privacy button in the 'Files' section in cPanel®.
- Navigate to the directory that you want to protect. To do this, click the folder icons to open.
- When you find the correct folder, click the name of the folder.
- Click on the tick box for "Password protect this directory".
- Enter the name for the protected directory (folder). This is optional and purely for the user's benefit.
- Click on the Save button. Generally, you now need to add at least one authorized user to enable access to the directory in the section below.